Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Atul and Sarika Mohlajee with Family

I received an interesting mail from Atul Mohlajee-litty to me- my younger brother who was fondly refered as my Shagird (disciple) by his Grandfather Pandit Shiv Narain Mohlajee. Though 5-6 years(please check my calculation) younger to me , both of us when together excelled in all sorts of naughtiness and ran around the place, jumped over walls and did all non sense that children of our age could do. Tayaji( Pt.Shiv narain Mohlajee) was the only person in that household who laughed and enjoyed our activities. He was our great admirer and staunch supporter.
Atul is the elder son of Shiv Kumar Mohlajee-refer V-2 of English translation of Vanshavali
His mails are reproduced herewith
"Subject: Lahore Visit
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009

Dear Ajaya Bhaiya,

Your Lahore visit was impressive. I wonder why no one else has gone there before. I can see that you could not video all due to purdah in the house. Here is our photo for the blog per Mahendar uncle's email earlier.

See more of the blog. Keep it going.

Atul Mohlajee (Litty)"

Second one:
"Hello Ajay Bhaiya,

Our names are:

Atul Mohlajee, Sarika Mohlajee, Divya Mohlajee 14, and Navya Mohlajee 10,
and we are from Chicago. We live in OakPark, Illinois, about 8 miles West from Downtown Chicago. Any Mohlajees coming or passing by Chicago is welcome to stay with us. This photo is from Anshu's wedding.
It was a good description of my dad's (Shiv Kumar Mohlajee's) study room now a kitchen. It is understandable why everyone had to get jobs in Delhi at age 17 or 18, without full education since they were all uprooted by partition.

Atul Mohlajee
Illinois 60304
U.S.A."
Dear Atul,
We look forward to hear from you more and would encourage you to have gmail account so that entries could be made directly on the blog. As soon as you have an account, please send me its detail to enable you as contributor.
Love to All.
Ajaya

No comments:

Post a Comment