Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mohlajee Tree with women

In response to Jyoti chachi's suggestion i had received an interesting mail from Uncle Mahender. I reproduce herewith
"Dearest Ajaya and Jyoti,
Thanks for a very interesting dialogue on the Mohlaje blog for including our womenfolk in the Vanshali.
It has been my intention to include our women in the English version of the Vanshavli.
When Hanu and I met our ancestal Tirath Panditji (Holy Pilgrimage Place Brahmin) in Haridwar, I started a tradition of including our womenfolk's names in his Vahi (ancestory registery). I hope the family will keep itup the tradition with all Tirath Panditjis.
I had Panditji include the names of:
1. Our Dadiji, Karam Devi and Dadaji, Pandit Har Narain ji.
2. Their sons and daughter-in-laws: Pushpa Vati, Sardarni (I did not remember her maiden name), and Dhan Vati (maimo).
3. Their daughters and son-in-laws: Krishan Pyari, Shakuntala, Lali (I did not remember her given name) and 2 Phupadjis.
4. Sons and daughter-in-laws of Bade Tayaji (Shiv Narain ji), Chote Tayaji (Ram Narain ji), and Bauji (Mohan Lal ji). [I missed one daughter- in- law's name].
5. Daughters and son-in-laws of Bade Tayaji (Shiv Narain ji), Chote Tayaji (Ram Narain ji), and Bauji (Mohan Lal ji). [I may have missed a few names].
6. My brothers' sons and grand sons: Ajaya, Atul and Girish and their wives, Ashutosh and Nakula.
7. My brothers' daughters and grand daughters living in the United States and Manasavi. I meant to include others but could not remember their names.[I had forgotten to take my phone log with me to Haridwar]. The youngest Mohlajee, Gia's name is in the Vahi.
Ajaya, my suggestion is that we include as many women folk as we can so that our children and grand children are in touch with one and other so that the purpose of the blog is realized.
I will include my comments on family womenfolks in my additions to the blog.
I would love to hear views of the family.
Thanks again for starting the Blog!
Lovingly,
Uncle"
This sounds very interesting and hope dear Anjali alongwith Tayaji would reassemble this Vanshavalli in English with names of womenfolk included. That would be a huge tree, any guess how it will look like? Sherman Tree i suppose.
Seriously, let this generation do the honour for womenfolk and help the tree develop enlarge.

3 comments:

  1. To Jyoti chachi's remark I received mail from Shivani. She wrote"I enjoyed looking at the old pictures done so well by Anjali.You are all working at this with such devotion,I find that great.
    Including womens names in the Vanashavali is of great importance to us all."
    Shortly she would be sending her contributions directly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prem Uncle joins in and writes
    "Hello Everyone:

    I am sorry for not participating quickly in this great idea of Mohlajee blog created by our favorite nephew Ajaya. I have been busy taking care of Suman Ji (my wife) who has gone through a shoulder surgery. I have been more busy as Anu is visiting us with her family-our two granddaughters Meghna and Anjana and Manu -our son-in-law. I am not getting enough time to get on the Internet, but today I have read all the mail new and old and I will try to stay in touch. The very good thought about including women in the English version of the Vanshavli is wonderful.

    I have seen three great pictures of our elders sent by Anjali and I would request her to send me rest of the pictures also.

    I have also signed in Mohlajee Clan blogspot and I will try to send our family info as much as I can.

    With best wishes to one and all.

    Yours,

    Prem Mohlajee"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone, I am Kapil Jhingan (Bobby). I just noticed that my wife's name is blank in the vanshavali. Her name is Neetu and we have three kids Anshika, Vanshika & Vansh. Vanshika & Vansh are twins.

    Regards,

    Kapil Jhingan

    ReplyDelete