Monday, July 27, 2009

Namaskar from Austria!

Who is who ??? That´s just what I´d love to know. So please dear Mohlajees and friends come up and introduce yourself. Tell me what makes you tick, what moves you the most - everything you like to relate is more than interesting! The Mohlajee Blog is very valuable as are the Mohlajees and their roots. Especially for those of us geographically apart, have come closer and have some knowledge of what our brothers sisters, uncles, aunts, nieces, nephews the world over are busy with. I gained insight into the fact that Ajaya is a tea connosieur and that Anjali whom I didn´t even know of can do wonders with old photographs, apart from that she´s charming, saw her picture and my mother told me so.
Thank you Jyoti Mami for having written about yourself and letting me have a peep into your life, your thoughts....
Before I say "Aufwiedersehn" ( Till we meet again in German!)
I introduce myself :
Shivani is my name, ( daughter of Sharda and V.M Kapuria) my husband is André, Priya our daughter turned 20 this March. I´ve been married and living in Austria for the past 21 years. Most of them were in Tyrol, west of Austria. Six year ago we moved home to Styria which is in the South east.
We live in a small township called Veitsch (actually it can be viewed on the web!!) http://www.maplandia.com/austria/steiermark/murzzuschlag/veitsch/It´s 1 1/2 hours away from Vienna. It´s categorized as Healthy Township , so people here are very much into sports, trekking into the Alps, swimming, Nordic Walking, jogging, the list is endless.
Surrounded by the Alps I keep myself happily busy with India - my love. I hold school projects on India, teach Indian cookery......
André an Alpinist is a tour operator. His love of the Himalayas brings all his travellers to Ladakh, Kailash Mansarover, Ganga Valley, Nepal, Tibet.
Priya loves her work at a family hotel, where sometimes Indian guests visit, she excitedly speaks to them in fluent Hindi, but mostly is dissappointed as they mention being from the South of India and not being able to speak Hindi!!!
Namaskar and all the best, waiting to get to know you all ou there.....

2 comments:

  1. Wow!
    There you are Shivani.
    A true blooded Mohlajee in Feminine grace.
    Proud Indian. I remember you as the one always wearing ethnic dresses, bangles(huge collection of bangles) on your dressing table come to my memory as my devil mind wanted to crush them all for the wicked pleasure.Good sense prevailed as i was in awe with your single minded pursuit. Be Indian that comes very natural to you.
    Lets hear from others, I am sure all of us would like to see your developmental activities in Austria.
    Bravo Priya! keep talking in Hindi.Dare South Indians to pick up this language.
    Beware! we might all turn up sooner than later.
    Ajaya & Meenu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must share with others a website created by Shivani http://www.shivanisworld.at/
    It is in German yet we all can make out the kind of work she is doing.
    Also log on to her husband's website www.transhimalaya-tours.at .
    Aren't they doing different than all of us? Great Andre, Shivani and Priya! we are proud of you.

    ReplyDelete