Thursday, July 30, 2009

TEA PLANTATION AND MY VISIT

I am Nakula Mohlajee- it is actually Nakul with (a) added by Daddy(grandfather) for numerological reasons- son and third child of Ajaya Sharma (Mohlajee) and Meenu Sharma ( Jaitly) born in Hyderabad, India on 15th December 1990.

I am pursuing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering, second year, from CMR College of EngineeringHyderabad a college of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University.I was wondering about my contribution to this Vast and Grand MOHLAJEEWORLD. Well recently on 10th July 2009(my fathers birthday), I accompanied him for a brief Holiday to OOTY (Ootacamund) and Coonoor situated on Nilgiri mountain range.

We stopped en route to visit Tea Garden estate(Swamy & Swamy -High Field Tea Estate) of Nilgiris Coonoor at a height of 1800 mt. from sea level-one of the oldest in the region amongst 36 odd such Gardens.(see Pic.1)





(HIGH FIELD TEA ESTATE)-Picture 1.

I wish to share my experience of tea making and little history as told by the guide for all of us. Incidentally I was informed by Papa that Mohlajee’s of Lahore and past, liked to gulp gallons of tea everyday.

Kindly click this link to my blog and you will find detailed article by me

http://nakulmohlajee.blogspot.com

or


click title above

TEA PLANTATION AND MY VISIT

4 comments:

  1. very interesting and informative write up of your visit. Thank you for sharing. Do you share a love of tea that many Mohlajee's do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great informational blog for tea lovers!
    Good job, Grandnephew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Nakula,
    Nice getting to know you and of your keen interest in the good old dark beverage!
    That the two / three leaves and a bud go through quite a journey until they reach our teacups is awe inspiring. Your writing got me stimulated into drinking some tea!!! Which I did!
    So cheers to you and the Mohlajees hung on tea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Shivani Aunty,

    To share a secret I must admit never drank tea.
    A visit to Ooty raised my interest in this drink that papa relishes so much.
    Having tasted now, found to be ok as I am still Bournvita drinking boy.

    ReplyDelete